cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending from email alias on android

LoriR2021
Friendly Neighbour

In Thunderbird email, I have it set that any email received to a specific alias automatically selects that alias as a reply from address.  However, on my android email, the only email I seem to be able to reply from is the telus log-in account email for gmail.  How do I make it so I it can reply from my alias?  I have the alias set up and enabled in my telus gmail account, etc. but it won't let me change the name/email on my android email to an alias (and leave the gmail account email as the log in).

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Hero

You need to change the settings from the browser interface. I don't think the setting is available in the Gmail app.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370

LoriR2021
Friendly Neighbour

I did that already.  I have the alias I want to use set as default on the browser interface.  Doesn't change anything on the phone.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't have an android phone so I can't verify if this will work:

Add Gmail Alias for Your Primary Email Address on Android | TechRounder

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This sounds like a Thunderbird issue, not a Telus email issue. I have no problem using aliases in the fashion you describe using Apple Mail on all my devices.

Possibly a Mozilla specific forum would have more experience?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

LoriR2021
Friendly Neighbour

I have it set up on Thunderbird just fine.  I'm talking about my android phone.  It will only reply from my main email, not an alias.  This is using the Samsung email app, not Gmail (which won't set up on my phone for some reason, just keeps sitting there verifying settings and not actually doing anything).  On my android email app, the setting show "email address" as well as the account email address and password.  But it doesn't allow me to edit the email address.