cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Renewal Rates

starchoice
Ambassador

Despite TELUS saying that nothing would change (i.e. service and rates) after the installation of PureFibre, they neglected to state that the actual billing would change. It took a while to sort out this but basically rates shot up, under the new billing system. I am under contract so the "fix" was to just add discounts so that my net billing remained the same. Fast forward to contract renewal time and I spent 45 minutes on the phone just to have the representative give me his "best" offer of a 36% increase. This is for three services: TV, internet and home phone. I am wondering if others have recently renewed (post-PureFibre installation) and if anybody has been able to secure a reasonable rate. I spoke with "TELUS Loyalty" but it seems that everything is outsourced to the Philippines and pretty sure that they couldn't give a hoot about "loyalty". 

1 REPLY 1

starchoice
Ambassador

Tried again on Twitter. It's like they just read from a script. Telus could probably cut their customer service staff in half if they resolved issues in one call instead of not directly answering questions, promoting return calls by doing so, etc. Speaking with Telus is like listening to someone interview Trudeau, you hear everything but the answer to your questions.