cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google the gate keeper sucks

Ingebelle1
Neighbour

Email goes through google.  Google forces me to grab another device I may not have travelling with me.  Cannot get my email.   SAD FACE

Apparently if you try logging in too many times in a 2 hour window, Google shuts you down and you have to try “later”.  Again, Cannot do my business using telus email. SAD FACE

Can we agree to kick out google? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm assuming you are referring to Google's 2-Step verification. This should only apply to accessing your email via a web browser. I use the Mail app on my iPhone to access my Telus mail and don't require a second device to get access.

I believe you can also disable 2-Step verification for Telus email. Instructions are here:

Turn off 2-Step Verification - Computer - Google Account Help

I seriously doubt Telus will be moving away from Gmail any time soon.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm assuming you are referring to Google's 2-Step verification. This should only apply to accessing your email via a web browser. I use the Mail app on my iPhone to access my Telus mail and don't require a second device to get access.

I believe you can also disable 2-Step verification for Telus email. Instructions are here:

Turn off 2-Step Verification - Computer - Google Account Help

I seriously doubt Telus will be moving away from Gmail any time soon.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

I will try asap!  This is an issue when traveling, the time when one wants to be secure but muskets 🙃.