Mobility

Trusted answers and information and Mobility devices, services, and solutions from Neighbourhood contributors and the TELUS team.

TELUS Mobility Vacation Suspension

Community Manager
  • Contributors:

Winter is right around the corner. Are you the lucky one getting ready to head south to escape the rough months of winter? Are you asking yourself what will you do with your mobile service while you are away? Here is what you need to know before you leave.

What is a vacation suspension?

It is the possibility to suspend your mobility services temporarily while you are away for a while.

Am I eligible for vacation suspension?

All customers on a monthly plan can ask for a vacation suspension.

What if I’m in a contract?

No problem. You can ask for your service to be put on a vacation suspend. It will not extend your contract for the period your service is on hold.

How long can I put my service on vacation suspension?

You can put your plan on hold for a minimum of one month and a maximum of six months once per year.

Is there a charge?

Yes. If you’re currently in a contract you will pay $30/month and if you are not in a contract, it will be $10/month.

What happens to my shared data?

If you have a Your Choice plan and are sharing data with a family member, the data add-on will be transferred to another line that is remaining active.

What happens if I come back early?

Should you decide to shorten your stay, simply contact us when you return. Your service will be reactivated within minutes.

How to suspend service?

Give us a call at 1-866-558-2273 or *611 on your TELUS mobile phone. If you prefer to contact us online go to www.telus.com/chat from a computer browser and we’ll help you out there.

Can’t bear to turn it off?

Instead of putting your service on hold, take it with you! Check out our travel passes and Easy Roam to see if they're right for you www.telus.com/travel

Was this article helpful? Yes No