telus mobility data charges are they legal ?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

It came to my attention that we are paying for data that we do not get any value for. Example I pay $50 for 6GB of data /month but if I don't use all of it I get no credited data for the unused data next month even though I paid for it !!  Telus should credit unused data to my account or only charge for what I actually use .

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

In addition to @Lola‘s comment, you can add  3 extra 300 MB, 1GB or 2GB  data buckets to your smaller plan in any month you feel you might go over your limit. Easy to add through ‘My Account’

Non-expiring data generally costs more per GB. Compare Koodo prepaid plans, at $30 per GB, to what you pay now!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rockstar

Good luck!  Although I agree that rollover data should be a thing, Canadian carriers just aren't interested in offering you value for your money.  Even companies like AT&T in the US that offer rollover.  That rollover data does expire after so long so i isn't like you get to keep it until you use it.  

Highlighted
Rockstar

If 6gb is routinely too much for you, lower it, if you're not locked in to 6gb.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

In addition to @Lola‘s comment, you can add  3 extra 300 MB, 1GB or 2GB  data buckets to your smaller plan in any month you feel you might go over your limit. Easy to add through ‘My Account’

Non-expiring data generally costs more per GB. Compare Koodo prepaid plans, at $30 per GB, to what you pay now!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post