cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mms showing up that contacts say they didn't send me

smith2
Just Moved In

About 5 times a week I receive mms that can't be opened or downloaded. The message is from a contact but when I ask the sender about it, they say that they never sent me anything! I have had to sign up for a text plan because these were costing me .30 each even though they didn't exist! Now I am paying $72/year to protect myself instead of paying the .30 per message. I really don't like having to pay for this weird thing.... anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you use an iPhone? If you're using an iPhone it seems likely you're sharing an Apple ID with someone. So these mms are being sent to the Apple ID you're sharing. If you're using android are you sharing a google account email? The same thing could apply. The other situation could be that if these contacts sent you these nesssges a long time ago and you only recently changed a feature or phone to one that could receive these, they might be coming in debates from several months ago. That seems unlikely though.
Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Do you use an iPhone? If you're using an iPhone it seems likely you're sharing an Apple ID with someone. So these mms are being sent to the Apple ID you're sharing. If you're using android are you sharing a google account email? The same thing could apply. The other situation could be that if these contacts sent you these nesssges a long time ago and you only recently changed a feature or phone to one that could receive these, they might be coming in debates from several months ago. That seems unlikely though.
Mobility Client Care Rep