Did you mean: 

i

missnancynancy
Just Moved In

i

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@missnancynancy I might suggest you call their client care department and see how it goes. They definitely aren't going to laugh at you. 

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ET
Rockstar

Hi, TELUS for sure does a credit check for their monthly account, same as every other provider does. Depending on the result, many options may be offered to you.

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

@missnancynancy I might suggest you call their client care department and see how it goes. They definitely aren't going to laugh at you. 

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

iPhone power user

Lola
Rockstar

I know I'm late on this query, and your question has been answered, but I'd like to say this for anyone else cruising the Neighborhood like I've been doing today, looking for answers, or just common events.

I have no usable credit history by choice. I have money. I pay my bills every month on the day they're available online. I don't wait for the email. I have never had an overdue bill, not with Telus landline (20 years), Shaw TV/internet (15 years), rent (25 years), or anything else. All that "history" is verifiable, but irrelevant in a credit check.

I understood that irrelevancy when I went in to a London Drugs store last year to go from prepaid to postpaid. I was prepared to pay a large security deposit. I was not prepared for the reaction of the sales rep when the $700.00 deposit popped up on her computer screen. She looked at me horrified, grabbed the phone off the counter and clutched it to her chest. I left the store almost in tears of humiliation, and without the phone I could very well afford. I had no heart to try another store.

This year my daughter added me to her Share Plan. She did the activation at a Telus outlet and the sales rep was the epitome of kind, going so far as to assure me that if I ever want to transfer the phone to my own account, I can do so very easily in that very shop. I will do that, and I feel pretty positive about it.

My experience says go directly to a Telus outlet with your business, and I believe you won't be laughed at or looked down on.

I've read many comments on this forum from customers feeling undervalued. Telus doesn't know us as individuals in our daily lives the way we know Telus as a service provider in our daily lives. It's an unequal relationship. And for me that's OK. I'll continue to use Telus services, somehow, as long as Telus will allow me. My loyalty stands as it has for decades, regardless of cost or nasty sales people.

I hope this helps other people somehow.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Lola 

I'm happy your experience with the Telus store staff was so positive!

Your experience is one of the reasons I suggest to young folks to build a quality credit record in a safe manner. If necessary, use a credit card for items you would buy anyway, and immediately put the money aside to pay the card off every month. Buy groceries. Pay for your oil change. Get a loan from the bank to pay for a consumer item such as a TV, computer, or refrigerator, when you have the money in hand, and set up an automatic payment plan to pay it off as due. Having a good credit record is very valuable - it can mean the difference between having a place to live and not. However, one has to be aware, and not let the use of credit get out of hand. It is an important lesson for folks.

Abuse of credit can get you in deep trouble; not having a credit record can similarly put you in a difficult position.  I strongly recommend everyone build a quality credit record, no matter how credit averse they are!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"