cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will unlocking a phone on Telus allow it to be used with any SIM card?

basil
Neighbour

If Telus unlocks my phone (I pay $35), can I use it with any SIM card, or only specific SIM cards from partner carriers?

I was told at the store that it is the latter, because it's not a real "unlock" but rather it just locks you to a broader range of carriers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pappu
Connector

@basil wrote:

If Telus unlocks my phone (I pay $35), can I use it with any SIM card, or only specific SIM cards from partner carriers?

I was told at the store that it is the latter, because it's not a real "unlock" but rather it just locks you to a broader range of carriers.

Through the network unlocking,you will be to use other country carriers on your phone.

If your Telus carrier denied your unlocking request you can contact any one of the online unlocking service provider like OnlineGSMUnlock.com  for remove your network lock.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WongTong
Leader

Unlocking your phone will allow you to use any provider's compatible sim throughout the world, if your device works with their network frequencies.

@WongTong wrote:

Unlocking your phone will allow you to use any provider's compatible sim throughout the world, if your device works with their network frequencies.

Very true.....

It should be fine with full service carriers.  Discount carriers may not support 3G, 4G, or other newer faster technologies.  Also discount carriers offer poor service indoors as they have not invested in proper building repeaters.

pappu
Connector

@basil wrote:

Through the network unlocking,you will be to use other country carriers on your phone.

If your Telus carrier denied your unlocking request you can contact any one of the online unlocking service provider like OnlineGSMUnlock.com  for remove your network lock.

View solution in original post