Will Telus support SIM cards in the Samsung Galaxy Gear S smartwatch?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

blan6518
Just Moved In

Samsung Galaxy Gear S smartwatches support SIM cards so that the phone does not need to be connected to blue tooth with mobile devices. The dual SIM card service for the same number for the watches is supported in the US but not in Canada. Will this service come to Canada?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The participants in this forum are customers, just like you. We have no knowledge of future Telus release plans. The Telus Twitter or Facebook site is likely where information will first be released. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Dark_Knight
Rockstar

You could post it on their ideas page and see what comes of it.

iPhone power user
blan6518
Just Moved In

Nice... on Twitter they said I should come here

v9
Rockstar

@blan6518 wrote:

Nice... on Twitter they said I should come here

Hi-@blan6518 and welcome to the forum. I made a search-with the Goggle giant and the results, doesn't show any support article-From Telus.com-so far. The first website displayed is : Future Shop offers its products, but also explain what's-SGear S smartwatch is all about. 

I guess the only option is to wait to get supported, unless a member has fresh info..posted.

Here's a link to "Future Shop to read about it" @blan6518-Keep us informed. CU <v9>

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-gear-s-smartwatch-medium-black-sm-r750/10327519.aspx

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not aware of any carrier offering dual SIM support where both share the same number currently. It's not something I've ever seen advertised in Canada. You may be able to add it as a second device to your plan but I know carriers would charge extra for that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂