cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Telus allow us to have something other than unavailable name with our number?

jj1212
Just Moved In

When I call a house line or a business it comes up as unavailable name. I thought having your name show up with your number was a standard service that was offered with these businesses not something we would have to request? When I was with Rogers I had this option with no problems.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Seems like caller ID is turned off either on your phone, or at Telus' end. You may be able to change this on your phone, or through your online account settings. If all else fails, call Telus, and aski them to update your settings. To my recollection, there is no fee associated with this option.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Initially Call Display did show name and number for Mobility users. Roughly two years back that changed for me to it showing the province as the name and your phone number and I never really bothered looking why.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Seems I may have misread the OP.

The lack of name could be due to privacy restrictions, or to the number of cell phones owned by other than the user. Think of the number of family phones registered in the name of a parent, corporate phones registered in something other than the employee name, etc.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

broadcastguy
Coach

Unfortunately Bell and TELUS do not offer Name Display with their Mobility products (unless you have the person in your phone's contact list).  Even when calling someone from your TELUS device it won't include the name, only the number.

This is something I really enjoy with Rogers. 

Pocket
Helpful Neighbour

I would not want my name to show up but I guess that's a good option for some