cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an eSim voucher

GreenSieve
Friendly Neighbour

Does the process for connecting to my cellular account using an eSim voucher on new iPhone 14 require a confirmation code from TELUS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenSieve
Friendly Neighbour
Have been through this and I think figured things out now.
1) eSim voucher does NOT come by email - card is MAILED to your address
2) BEFORE using the QR code on the eSim voucher card you receive (I am assuming you have an existing cellular plan you were using on another phone, which means you already have an active SIM card for your account) you need to enter the new 19-digit eSim number from your card and SWAP SIM cards in use for your account. You can do this yourself online at TELUS website, or call the phone number on back of your eSim card for support. I called Support and got a nearly immediate answer and assistance from a live person.
3) QR code can be scanned only ONCE

There was a technical problem with getting my eSim going, but TELUS network support fixed that behind the sceneS in a couple of hours. Phone now works great and 5G is FAST! Loving my new iPhone 14 Pro on the TELUS network!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apparently not. See here.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

GreenSieve
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks NFtoBC.  I had seen that information before. There is no TELUS reference to "confirmation code" that is mentioned in Apple documentation as being required by some carriers. The document at link you shared references "new TELUS eSIM card and its 19-digit SIM number".  Am still waiting for my eSim voucher from TELUS to arrive, but presumably the 19 digits will be on that card, as well as the QR code I need to set up my new iPhone 14 Pro.  My phone is US model which has no physical SIM card slot, so I cannot simply use the TELUS SIM card from my old iPhone.  Want to be sure I have everything I need, and know what to do, when my eSim card arrives.  Sure want to get my new phone connected to TELUS 5G service!  Thanks!

Yes, the eSIM voucher card will have both the QR code and the 19 SIM card number.

I’m still trying to activate and transfer my eSIM from iPhone to iPhone 14 Pro Max.
I’ve “activated” the eSIM but I can't make calls from the new device.

No one in-store seems to really “know” how to do it so for me, it’s been the Agent calls but they’re all booked now apparently.
I’m going 3 days without a phone now because of this.

K_K
Helpful Neighbour

E-sim suppose to be sent instantly my email. I am still waiting to get it and it's been 2 weeks. Can't count on horrible customer service that does not reply to emails and nobody answers the phone !

I have 1 year left > I do not want to hear name telus after that

GreenSieve
Friendly Neighbour
Have been through this and I think figured things out now.
1) eSim voucher does NOT come by email - card is MAILED to your address
2) BEFORE using the QR code on the eSim voucher card you receive (I am assuming you have an existing cellular plan you were using on another phone, which means you already have an active SIM card for your account) you need to enter the new 19-digit eSim number from your card and SWAP SIM cards in use for your account. You can do this yourself online at TELUS website, or call the phone number on back of your eSim card for support. I called Support and got a nearly immediate answer and assistance from a live person.
3) QR code can be scanned only ONCE

There was a technical problem with getting my eSim going, but TELUS network support fixed that behind the sceneS in a couple of hours. Phone now works great and 5G is FAST! Loving my new iPhone 14 Pro on the TELUS network!