URGENT: losing significant businesses because my phone number has been rerouted to a stranger

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi there, 

I became aware that many of my callers were connected to a stranger. I use my phone for business, and I have been getting significantly less calls lately. I've been wondering about it, and one of our clients let me know today that every time she called, the phone line went to a man who seemed to have no idea about me and the business. He let my client know that he's been getting over 20 calls a day looking for me and my business, and my client was kind enough to get his phone number. I don't want to post his phone number here for his privacy as he's been kind enough to let people know that they seem to have some mix up - and he's been having this problem ever since he moved from Fido to Telus in the recent months. 

Obviously, I am very concerned on so many levels, and I have been placed on hold for the past 90 minutes. 

I've been a Telus customer since 2002, and it's never been this bad. I need this to be fixed immediately as it is directly impacting my business, and I will need to someone to get back to me. 

Thank you. 

Hess

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Neighbourhood in inhabited by customers, just like you, who volunteer their time to offer support to other customers. We have no insight to Telus plans, and no access to their internal systems. If you need the support of a CSR or technical services, you will need to contact them directly. Usually calls first thing in the morning have the shortest line-up. You can also try chat, or Telus' Twitter or Facebook presence to obtain support.  I also find calls to Telus Business support often answered faster than I make for my residential / consumer services. Technical support - which your issue may well fall under - your number being redirected to that of another customer, is available 24/7.

You should also confirm that you phone is not forwarding calls to this individual - there are settings in your phone which can redirect callers. On an iPhone it is in Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding Should be off.

On Most Android phones try Phone App > Settings > More Settings > Call Forwarding   the number should be your local Voicemail number.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Neighbourhood in inhabited by customers, just like you, who volunteer their time to offer support to other customers. We have no insight to Telus plans, and no access to their internal systems. If you need the support of a CSR or technical services, you will need to contact them directly. Usually calls first thing in the morning have the shortest line-up. You can also try chat, or Telus' Twitter or Facebook presence to obtain support.  I also find calls to Telus Business support often answered faster than I make for my residential / consumer services. Technical support - which your issue may well fall under - your number being redirected to that of another customer, is available 24/7.

You should also confirm that you phone is not forwarding calls to this individual - there are settings in your phone which can redirect callers. On an iPhone it is in Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding Should be off.

On Most Android phones try Phone App > Settings > More Settings > Call Forwarding   the number should be your local Voicemail number.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

I have had this specific issue before.  Contacting Telus was absolutely useless, as per usual.  My number though was originally a Rogers number that I ported over.  Telus tried to tell me that ported numbers sometimes went back into the pool of numbers for the original carrier that issued it, even when that number was still in use.  I did contact Rogers about it to confirm that Telus was full of crap, which is basically what I was told.  What resolved it for me was replacing my SIM.  I can't be 100% sure what the issue was but speculation is that some how, my SIM had be copied some how.  In the era where digital theft is so common, anyone you could walk by could easily copy your SIM card along with every piece of smart ID in your wallet and you wouldn't even know it.  By the way, it took me about a month of that happening to get to the point of switching the SIM as some calls were actually reaching me.  It wasn't until I actually tried calling myself from another number and actually reaching someone else, di I actually take it seriously.