cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer eSIM to new device

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

I received a new unlocked Pixel 6 Pro today and want to transfer the eSIM of my old Pixel 4 to it. Unfortunately, the battery of my old phone died so I can't use it to call the support. I'm also not able to visit a shop in the next few days. Is there a way to transfer the eSIM online or at least an email address for the support that I could contact? The chatbot only refers me to the callback option and doesn't connect me to a live agent.

Thanks,

Bastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

confirmed... not supported for prepaid... it says this on Telus' website :

Note: If your phone is lost or stolen or on a Prepaid account, you will not be able to perform a SIM change online. If this is the case, please contact customer care or visit a store and disable the mobile device.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the old phone totally dead, or will it work when plugged in?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

It works when plugged in but only for writing messages or other low energy applications. As soon as I start a phone call it shuts down.

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

apparently,  Telus does not support transferring esim to one device to another (this is one thing that bell does right). 

You have to buy a new esim voucher. 

buying online will take time to receive your order... I would say minimum 1 week (and probably more like 2.

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

I now purchased a new eSim from the shop. I was told that I can easily activate it in my account and connect it to my number. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do it. Here are some instructions (https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/esim-voucher) but under Mobility Plans & Devices there is no Device tab. So there also is no Swap SIM card option... The same for the app.

Any suggestions instead of going back to the shop? Is it because I'm a prepaid customer? 

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

you don't have something similar to this?

Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-16 à 18.00.53.png

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

This is all I see in Plans & Devices

telus.jpg

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

I don't see your email. 

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

not email... I don't see your image

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

Seems like images are not allowed here or need to be unlocked by someone... I can't see your image either.

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

can you see it with this link ? https://imgur.com/a/jHpsjNf

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

No, I don't have this. It looks like this:

https://pasteboard.co/umLESVXoMARz.jpg

Clicking on manage prepaid brings to to the page I posted earlier. I guess you can see it know.

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

yes I see it now. changing sim online might not be supported on prepaid. (I'm on regular monthly plan). 

bwap
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, seems like you're right and I have to got to the shop again... Thank you for your help! 🙂

zadigre
Friendly Neighbour

confirmed... not supported for prepaid... it says this on Telus' website :

Note: If your phone is lost or stolen or on a Prepaid account, you will not be able to perform a SIM change online. If this is the case, please contact customer care or visit a store and disable the mobile device.