Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studying abroad

Just Moved In

My son will be studying in Spain for a year and thus we were hoping to put his mobile contract on hold until he comes back. However, according to the people at the store, this will not be possible, at the most we can get a reduced fee for 6 months ($25 per month) and full contract fee for the rest of the time even though he will not be using any services, or else a $450 termination fee. Either way this would be too costly for him - any other options?


Community Power User
Community Power User

The 'Termination fee' should be the outstanding subsidy on his phone. I suggest getting it unlocked and taking it to Europe to get a SIM in the country he travels to. Still has to pay off his current device subsidy, but will have no local service costs if he terminates the current contract. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"