cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Sampler

Misty
Neighbour
Heyo Telus neighbourhood!
I'm hoping someone can help answer this, I did look online and only found a wee bit of information dating back to 2004 & 2013.
I just noticed on my data usage under text messages there is a new section called "Spark Sampler". There is numerous texts with the number 999-999-9999 and does not say if they are sent or received. I took screen shots but it looks like I can't upload them here.....
I thought I'd check here with the people who seem to know more than telus rather than waiting on hold and getting bumped around to various telus "help" people which are usually no help at all. Hah.
Thanks muchly in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Misty
Neighbour

I've figured it out. It's the number my doorbell cam is using to send me text messages when there is a motion detection and for whatever reason it shows up on my online account as spark sampler. 

Thank you for the replies 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The info you found indicating it is an ancient service and no longer offered is correct. Without seeing  what you are, it is difficult to offered more advice.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

@Misty   The spark sampler is our first version of data plans, it was a feature that enabled text messaging and web browsing at the time.  It is possible the 999-999-9999 you're seeing for text messages is because the feature is no longer compatible since we no longer provide text message details.  I hope this helps. 

Misty
Neighbour

I've figured it out. It's the number my doorbell cam is using to send me text messages when there is a motion detection and for whatever reason it shows up on my online account as spark sampler. 

Thank you for the replies 🙂