cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regularly loosing phone connection

Steffan
Just Moved In

Hello, 

I live in St-Lazare, Quebec. For the past week or so, when I call someone on my phone, the connection just dies within 5 mins and I need to call the person back again. After a few callback to the same person, it seems ok for longer. This is a new problem.

I don't know if this is related or not... I also noticed that now I regularly have 3 bars in terms of signal strength, it used to vary between 1 or 2 bars before. I'm wondering if there were upgrades made to the network that could be causing this.

Any help would be great.

Steffan

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! You can always check your location at our coverage mape: https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map

If you're in a spot that shows as having solid coverage, you can always click on the green 'Report an issue' button to send info directly to our network team. Alternatively, you can always visit the nearest TELUS store or dial *611 from your phone to have our team investigate!

Steffan
Just Moved In

Thank you! I'll try *611 today.

Steffan

Syaoran
All-Star
What device are you using? Has this issue started after a recent update to your device? Signal bars aren't the best way to interpret how well your devices reception is because there is no standard or measurement for how much or little signal represents and this can change with an update, by manufacturer, etc. Is there any new construction in that area that could be causing some interference? Have you tried performing a Network Reset from your devices settings?