cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problem

D_sahan
Neighbour

I am experiencing a problem in my phone (iPhone 14 pro). It is disconnecting my data calls(Especially WhatsApp, messenger) when i am calling using mobile data. It showing as reconnecting every 5 seconds and loosing signal strengths suddenly even i am in a fully covered area (downtown Kamloops). I tried restarting, changing voice and data to LTE and 5G time to time. I called customer care twice and visited TELUS showroom in Kamloops Downtown, I was told to switch the mode to LTE and not 5G. No point of using LTE when I am paying for 5G connection. And since I need to call my family using WhatsApp most of the time, I want a proper solution for this. I am on a contract for 2 years, What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @D_sahan - Try using LTE. I understand you are paying for 5G, but it is a troubleshooting step to try to reduce as many variables as possible.

You could try swapping your SIM to a new one as well

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I have been using LTE for the last two weeks. But there is no improvement. I am really fed up with this. What else can we do? I took out my sim card today, cleaned it and inserted it again. But no progress. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

I would visit a TELUS store near you and advise them of the problem to see if they can replace the SIM card for you

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello,

I have been using LTE for the last two weeks. But there is no improvement. I am really fed up with this. What else can we do?

Thanks & Regards,
Sahan Mudannayaka

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Here are a few steps to try and resolve this issue:

Network Settings Reset:

• Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all network-related settings to their defaults but will not delete your data.

Check for Carrier Settings Update:

• Sometimes, a carrier settings update can fix connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you should see a prompt to update.

Software Update:

• Ensure your iPhone has the latest iOS update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Disable Wi-Fi Assist:

• Sometimes, Wi-Fi Assist can cause issues. Go to Settings > Cellular and scroll to the bottom to disable Wi-Fi Assist.

Check App Permissions:

• Make sure WhatsApp and Messenger have the necessary permissions. Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and Camera to check that these apps have access.

Network Coverage:

• Ensure that there are no ongoing network issues in the Kamloops area. Sometimes, localized network issues can cause disruptions. telus.com/outages

5G vs. LTE:

• While it’s frustrating to be advised to switch to LTE, this can sometimes be a temporary workaround while the network issues are being addressed.

Contact Tech Support

• If the issue persists, contact our Tech support team so they can look into the issue. 

D_sahan
Neighbour

Okay, I will do it today and check if that helps.