Looking to bring my own smart phone​.

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

kali604
Neighbour

Hi, I am thinking of buying a XIAOMI RedMi Note 2 32GB 4G Phablet. 

is the Network compatible with telus?: 

2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz 

3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz 

4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz  

I only use call and text. I am in Vancouver BC, currently using iPhone 4S with Telus .

thank you in advance 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

For the unlocked (international) fans - The big three Canadian network frequencies

Telus (including Koodo) 

2G 

CDMA 850/1900 

EVDO 850/1900 

3G (and fake 4G) 

HSDPA 850/1900 

HSPA+ 850/1900 

UMTS 850/1900 

WCDMA 850/1900 

1x EV-DO CDMA2000 

4G (called 4G+) 

LTE 1700/2100 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

3G will work for sure, LTE is a crap shoot with overseas no name brand phones 90% of the time the won't work on LTE and don't work on half the bands they claim.

Not sure why you want that brand anyways..There will be zero security updates let alone carrier updates for it.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
kali604
Neighbour

^ i don't see any phone with better price:performance ratio

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Take the no name phone specs with a grain of salt, let alone any support or updates other then what it ships with..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
kali604
Neighbour

knowing north American phone prices, im happy with that

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If using no-name phones, also consider possible problems too. For example: 

http://au.idigitaltimes.com/malware-found-pre-installed-xiaomi-huawei-lenovo-phones-107190

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂