cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Theft

TaxiDriver
Just Moved In

On August 13, 2022 someone broke into my apartment storage and stole some financial information.

The next day someone accessed my bank account and tried to make a payment to:

TELUS MOBILITY <edited by mod>

In all likelihood, the person who tried to pay off their cell phone bill from my chequeing account is also the person who broke into my storage locker and stole my financial documents. 

Any suggestions on how to find out this person's name and address? The police would love to pay them a visit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

In all likelihood TELUS will not give you the information for that account, which I agree with. It's up to the police to request that information from TELUS. In the meantime, as @WestCoasterBC suggested, you need to contact your bank(s) to secure all your financial accounts. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your bank should immediately be notified and the account frozen. Ideally visit your branch to have it dealt with. You can dial *611 from your cell and report your issue, along with the credit card company(s) and other financial information the perp may have. This will be a matter for the police and your bank to work out.

xray
Hero

In all likelihood TELUS will not give you the information for that account, which I agree with. It's up to the police to request that information from TELUS. In the meantime, as @WestCoasterBC suggested, you need to contact your bank(s) to secure all your financial accounts. 

How to make a claim

What do I do too make a claim

Claim for what?