I keep getting insulting texts from (999) 999-9999. Is there a way to stop it or find out is sending

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Hi ScottL, I recommend calling *611 to have a customer service representative investigate this for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
Ambassador

Hi ScottL, I recommend calling *611 to have a customer service representative investigate this for you.

View solution in original post

Resident

I too am receiving these, and from what I can tell on the internet that many people are receiving these.  Telus should acknowleding these spam texts are coming in and doing something about it.

Resident

dont bother calling *611 they arent helpful and you will be on hold for 46:28 minutes and counting

Ambassador

If possible please forward the messages to 7726.

This will flag it with the Spam/Abuse Control team.

Community Power User
Community Power User

(999) 999-9999 is also the number of record for any Telus "Send A Text" or "Send a Message" texts sent through either the Telus interface or directly from an email client. This would suggest it is not sensibly blockable, as it is possibly any of a huge number of senders, but also there may be an opportunity to filter if the spam has enough in common, or trace if reported.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"