cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an email from telus stating that I initiated to cancel my account.

Danyr24
Neighbour
I'm confused. I never did that and it seems legit. It has my account numbers and phone number associated with the account. Anyone else receive this email
4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

IF it's a legitimate email, call Telus directly first thing in the morning - 1-866-558-2273. I believe sales is open at 7am or 8am. Their website says 9am but I think that's Eastern time zone.

Does the email mention anything about transferring your number? Is there a chance someone knows your passwords? (ie: do you use your Telus account email address and password combo on any other site?)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The email doesn't say anything about transferring numbers. It states that I requested for my account to be canceled as of July 12. I called the number u provided and they are closed. Both sales and customer service. Will try at 9

Called telus. They open at 9. They are canceling the tracker plus service. Surprised that no emails were sent prior to cancelation and just one email was sent on the day of cancelation. Telus please do better in communicating account changes.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Apparently Telus did send out a text message previously according to one Track+ user. Most cases when Telus changes or shuts down a service, they usually will include a message in the monthly statement a month or a few months in advance.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂