cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not being received on my Samsung S6 over my Telus 5G WiFi.

lhamblin
Neighbour

3 days ago I stopped receiving emails on my Samsung S6 over my Telus 5G WiFi.  If I switch to LTE then the emails come in.  I have deleted my account on my Android and re-installed it but no luck.  Does anyone have any ideas how to correct as this just happened out of the blue.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try switching your Telus Gateway / Modem to either have Band Steering on, or to 2.4 GHz only and see what happens.

Also, who is your email provider?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

My email provider is Telus.  I have tried switching between 2.4G and 5G but it does not make a difference.  I also have the 150gb up and down service if hard wired service but it is about 75gb over WiFi

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm assuming you have checked the information at this FAQ during setup of your email client on your phone to make sure you have an up-to-date setting. Telus has changed their login process a few times, so make sure you are current!

NFtoBC

Yes I have done this a number of times and get the following message.

Unable to connect to the email server to verify account information.  No response from server.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Then it looks like a need to chat with tech support! See ‘Contact Us’ at page bottom for numbers to call.
NFtoBC