Changing carriers

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I'm currently with Rogers Wireless and want to switch to Telus Mobility. Can I keep the same phone number?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

To top up on what @NFtoBC said, it can take up to 2 hours for a Rogers cellular number to be ported over to another carrier, longer if it's a landline number.

I've ported to and from quite a few carriers over the years, if you provide them all the information needed, it's usually takes a matter of minutes. I believe they require the account number, IMEI and security PIN from your outgoing provider. 

Hope that helps. 🙂

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You can port your number from Rogers. It may take some time to occur, so discuss with Telus when you buy your phone to confirm the process.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident
Thank you, I will.
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

To top up on what @NFtoBC said, it can take up to 2 hours for a Rogers cellular number to be ported over to another carrier, longer if it's a landline number.

I've ported to and from quite a few carriers over the years, if you provide them all the information needed, it's usually takes a matter of minutes. I believe they require the account number, IMEI and security PIN from your outgoing provider. 

Hope that helps. 🙂

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

Hey! "Lisroy" switching carrier, great idea.- Regarding if you, can keep the same Phone Number, Yes, absolutly this was one of the success, put in practice, last year by the "CRTC" how long the switch, would take, 5min, hrs, 1day, isn't too relevant

as long as you keep the same Phone#. Report any result to forum & welcome to the TELUS Network.  <Bye>  "v9"

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?