cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i keep my old plan?

tboy652
Just Moved In

I am thinking if getting the IPhone 5s with the 2 year contract, and I was wondering I can still keep my current plan and not get a new one

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly, but only if you buy the phone outright. If you want a subsidized phone, you are obligated to purchase a current plan.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Also what phone do you have now? Some phones had a special plan.

tboy652
Just Moved In

Should be doable... they two phones are similar.

Then again... Policy may have changed now that 3yr terms are gone and many are down to 2years.

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, it really depends of the plan you currently have. Your best bet would be to contact TELUS through Twitter @TELUSsupport or send them a private message on their Facebook page.

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly, but only if you buy the phone outright. If you want a subsidized phone, you are obligated to purchase a current plan.

NFtoBC

NFtoBC: you're incorrect, you are not obligated to purchase a current plan - in most cases you can keep your plan if its >$70 or you add features to get over $70.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@tsizzle wrote:

NFtoBC: you're incorrect, you are not obligated to purchase a current plan - in most cases you can keep your plan if its >$70 or you add features to get over $70.

I stand corrected.

NFtoBC

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Also what phone do you have now? Some phones had a special plan.

tboy652
Just Moved In

Should be doable... they two phones are similar.

Then again... Policy may have changed now that 3yr terms are gone and many are down to 2years.

ET
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi, it really depends of the plan you currently have. Your best bet would be to contact TELUS through Twitter @TELUSsupport or send them a private message on their Facebook page.