cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem

Lisa
Just Moved In
Hi, I am having problems with the last part of the activating process, the activation confirmation email I got told me to call *22803 and the follow the prompts but, when I do this I was told to call costumer service or * 611 what now???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WongTong
Leader

Did you get a phone number assigned? Dial *22803, select option 1 for english, option 1 to program your phone and wait a few seconds, you'll get a message from the operator saying that you've successfully programmed your phone. This procedure is only for CDMA phones (older generation of phones that do not use a sim card)

If you're still having issues, you can reach customer service at *611, 1-866-558-2273 or  @TELUSsupport on Twitter!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WongTong
Leader

Did you get a phone number assigned? Dial *22803, select option 1 for english, option 1 to program your phone and wait a few seconds, you'll get a message from the operator saying that you've successfully programmed your phone. This procedure is only for CDMA phones (older generation of phones that do not use a sim card)

If you're still having issues, you can reach customer service at *611, 1-866-558-2273 or  @TELUSsupport on Twitter!

View solution in original post

Lisa
Just Moved In
Yes the phone did get a number assigned to it. When I dial that number i just get someone saying "T1 this phone is not activated please call customer service or call 611 but when I try this I get the same message again.

You should reach customer service to have them look into this matter

Whenever I call I get

Welcome to the Telus Mobility Center. Your call cannot be forwarded at this time. For further information please call *611. Goodbye.

I have tried online to research this and this is all I could find. I should add that I have been having this problem ever since about 4 months ago.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben0463

If your phone uses a SIM (most phones do now), dialing *22803 is not necessary. Once you have the activated you simply need to place the SIM card into the phone and it should work right away. If the phone still does not work after placing the SIM into your phone, call 1-866-558-2273 from a different  phone and they'll be able to get things started for you.