xiaomi hangami

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

moncy
Resident
hi i got a factory unlocked xiaomi hungami phone and not showing any service by telus. i done with telus same thing before.but today when i called a customer service rep took always a negative approach and not ready to help me with this. i feel bad about this. have any idea why no service showing?
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Xiaomi Hongmi / Redmi? 

If it's the plain Redmi, that device is not compatible with Canadian 3G. It uses a frequency not used in Canada. It uses HSDPA 900MHz / 2100MHz. Telus operates 3G / HSDPA on 850MHz / 1900MHz. 

If it's the Redmi Note, same issue as above.

If it's the Redmi 1S, you might get lucky and have a version compatible with Canadian 3G frequencies.

Considering it's a third party phone from China, it's not likely to get much support here since Telus didn't sell it to you. If you know where the APN settings are, if you call in they can tell you what they should be and if that's all it is and you have the 1S, that may be all it needs.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Was this model phone ever issued by Telus? If they never sold it, I'm not sure they can sensibly provide troubleshooting, and I'd expect you're on your own.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
moncy
Resident
thanks for your reply guys.. i called telus first and one ladty took the phone and she completely given negative voice what a customer representative second again i called and one gentleman given me same answer and he checked with mobile networks in settings good job dear friend.
Dimo-X

As mentioned by Nighthawk and NFtoBC there's only so much that can be done with devices that are not directly supported by TELUS. Did it work after you checked with the second representative? 

Just incase, you can also find APN settings at http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/mobility/phones-and-devices/setting-up-your-smartphone-for-data/...