cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the screen shattered.

clgms4u
Just Moved In
What do I do if I dropped my HTC one s and the screen shattered.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Were I you, I'd probably cry a little.......

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

xray
Hero

Take it to a TELUS store and get a quote for repair by the authorised HTC repair centre. Do not take it to an independent repair shop unless you know they've worked on the HTC One successfully before.

CPR in Calgary (independent) told me they won't touch HTC phones so I replaced the screen on my HTC One X+ myself. I don't recommend it unless you really know what you are doing because the phone internals are glued together. There are also different versions of the internal parts so you have to know which one to get and where to get it.

After doing the repair myself I understand why CPR won't touch HTCs. The HTCs are solidly built and are that way due to how they are assembled. Any phone that disassembles easily is going to break easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Were I you, I'd probably cry a little.......

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Options....

xray
Hero

Take it to a TELUS store and get a quote for repair by the authorised HTC repair centre. Do not take it to an independent repair shop unless you know they've worked on the HTC One successfully before.

CPR in Calgary (independent) told me they won't touch HTC phones so I replaced the screen on my HTC One X+ myself. I don't recommend it unless you really know what you are doing because the phone internals are glued together. There are also different versions of the internal parts so you have to know which one to get and where to get it.

After doing the repair myself I understand why CPR won't touch HTCs. The HTCs are solidly built and are that way due to how they are assembled. Any phone that disassembles easily is going to break easily.