Want some suggestions about software?

Reply

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

mellyran
Resident

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I heard that there is a lot of promotion activities recently.

Because of my work, I have to use phone in most of the time, so a useful software is important to me. 

As a man who is not in favor of shopping, I prefer to change some software in my phone which are mostly outdated. 

Does anyone have any useful tool to recommend? Such like something that can manage document or contacts easily.

Thanks a lot.Smiley Happy

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I think you are looking for App suggestions.  To clarify, which smartphone do you have?

v9
Rockstar

@mellyran wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I heard that there is a lot of promotion activities recently.

Because of my work, I have to use phone in most of the time, so a useful software is important to me. 

As a man who is not in favor of shopping, I prefer to change some software in my phone which are mostly outdated. 

Does anyone have any useful tool to recommend? Such like something that can manage document or contacts easily.

Thanks a lot.Smiley Happy

 

@mellyran: Welcome to the shiny forum: Would've been helpful if you tell us, what kind of Phone do you have. Here's an App from the "Giant-Microsoft" That might help you. Read out all the info first, before installed & decide if meet your expectations..Link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/mobile/ ..advantage appears to be free. Report results to forum  !! Season Greetings !!  from <v9>

 

ATTENTION-Redesign team: Decided to 'EDIT' something in this thread..I Signed In first. I made the Edit - Press repeteadly the "Green SAVE bar" didn't work out. I Signed out I tried again & get successful 2nd time. Right now this post appears 4-times in the [Latest activity] it should displayed only the latest reply. The software try to display the 10 threads for which it's been programed I guess.

 

Also a nightmare to verify if an included link opens. I click that link (icon) displayed a format to reenter the URL-Did so +click [Ok] the format disappear, but no confirmation of anything. So tell us "How do we test a link if works or not" Got to returned the "Preview post" I used to test links from there. Anybody wanto comment on these-issues. Welcome.

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Community Power User
Community Power User

@v9- they did that to discourage people from repeatedly editing their posts. Instead of posting comments to the design team here - where they are not likely to be seen, post in the CPU forum where they do look.


If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
v9
Rockstar

@Nighthawk wrote:

@v9- they did that to discourage people from repeatedly editing their posts. Instead of posting comments to the design team here - where they are not likely to be seen, post in the CPU forum where they do look.


Because I'm sort of alliterated. I don't quit understand, what do you meant by "They did that to discourage people from repeatedly editing posts". I admit that I'm one of those people, who liked to "Edit-Posts". Is not prohibited according, with the (House forum rules) But They did that "What" They just returned the "EDIT-Feature" In the latest release. We're able to Edit, spelling errors or an omitted word, that is senseless on the sentence,.etc.

 

I reported that 'cause, when I tried to 'Edit' an error. The (SAVE Green bar) Didn't respond to saved. I don't think the Re-design team purposely is impairing that (Save green bar-from saving) is a bug & since they asked for feedbacks I did so. I'd like that a member of the Re-design team, emitted an opinion about this issue. Regards from <v9> 

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?
Community Power User
Community Power User

Feedback needs to go in the right places. Randomly spreading it around the site doesn't help get the issues fixed faster. Posting it all together in the right place will.


If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
v9
Rockstar

@Nighthawk wrote:

Feedback needs to go in the right places. Randomly spreading it around the site doesn't help get the issues fixed faster. Posting it all together in the right place will.


Thanks to the "All-Start: Nighthawk" for his point of views on this matter. I'm not totally agree on that feedbacks it has to be posted in specific 'Sites' because, we haven't been told to do so. If it happens that I wrote a question on an "X-board" and something goes wrong, when I send it why not writing a "Note right away" instead to switch to (CPU or Neighbourhood-Blog)

 

After all the whole <http://forum.telus.com> website is monitored by the ADMIN or MODs. On top of that-feedbacks on the "New-forum-ver." should be emitted by all the membership, why to addressed in hidden 'Sites' where only a few members Logged In. The more transparent the Re-design team is..the more support would've. Stay Tuned! <v9>

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?