US travel from Canada

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
I purchaed a combo package on my way down here from vancouver to Seattle. It worked find until we were just outside of Seattle. Now all i see up top is "no service" so I can't email, text or use my phone!! I can only use this via hotel wifi. I have shut down phone and turned on three times
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify

• where abouts outside of Seattle?  Telus often uses ATT as a roaming partner and when I look at the coverage map, Seattle is saturated...
    http://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html
  • fyi..... some regions have Tmobile as the roaming partner.
  • Telus does NOT have coverage south of Bellingham.  Do you have "roaming" enabled on your phone?  Does your phone show ATT or Tmobile when you were South of Bellingham?  What phone model do you have?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Make sure in Settings that Carrier is set to Automatic, so it will connect to the local carrier. Also Settings > General > Cellular that Data Roaming is on.

If this does not work, you may need to contact Telus to have International Voice Roaming and International Calling turned on. This should have been on unless you requested otherwise, or on a limited plan of some sort.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"