cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly I can't text pictures on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (4.1) Please help. Thanks.

Sienna
Just Moved In

Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.1

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

is data turned on?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have there been any other changes to your phone such as updates, new software etc.?

Make sure data is turned on in your settings

Reboot your phone by removing the battery for a minute or so.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sienna
Just Moved In

I turned data off and back on, rebooted, did a battery pull and much to my surprise I got a text from Telus telling me I had used 75% of my data when I had it off and was using wifi. I have checked and rechecked my settings and a week ago I could text pictures without a problem.  The only app I can send a picture text with is Whatsapp but my understanding is that it operates in a different way and it only works for users that also run the app.  I'm stumped. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Could be a problem with the app itself. If you're still using data, Whatsapp may be acting incorrectly and it does require data to work.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

JZ
Just Moved In

So wait, are you really "texting a picture" or just using Whatsapp??

In addition to everything that has been said, if this is regarding MMS messages and not Whatsapp, and you are using a non TELUS issued device then also check the APN and MMS settings here http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/mobility/phones-and-devices/setting-up-your-smartphone-for-data/... to ensure they match what you have on the device. 🙂