Samsung s5

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Neighbour
I've just upgraded from HTC desire HD with 1g share plan. 1g of data was always enough but now 4 days into my billing cycle I've already reached my limit. How is this possible when I use WiFi at home?
Community Power User
Community Power User

Something is still using cellular data. Go into the phone settings and look for data usage and see if it will show you what was using all the data. When you are using the phone at home keep an eye on the wifi icon to see if it goes off at all.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Neighbour
I've done that. It seems that YouTube and Internet are eating my data. I've changed the setting for YouTube so that I can only stream HD with WiFi. My usage hasn't changed from my old phone to this one. The only thing I can think of I'd that LTE uses much more data than 3.
Rockstar

When connected to your Wifi, have you logged into your router to see that you are indeed on Wifi? 

While on Wifi, you could toggle off mobile data to be sure a weak signal won't cause the phone to hop onto 4G.

Neighbour
Yes I've done that. WiFi is not the problem. It's so bad that I turn of the data unless I absolutely need it. So far I get less use of this phone than my old one and that really sucks.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@viper137 wrote:
YouTube and Internet are eating my data. 

What category of use is 'Internet'? Might this be some form of tethering? Most phones categorize use by application (Youtube), but the term Internet is very generic for a category consuming a lot of data.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"