My galaxy s4 keeps loading old emails

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
My galaxy s4 keeps loading old messages, I have tried changing the settings and nothing is working, now I keep going over my data plan

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Who is your email provider, and is it set up as POP or IMAP?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian
There should be a setting to delete on the server when you delete on your phone.

The behavior is different between POP and IMAP. You need to provide this information if you want a definite answer.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour
My wife's s4 was doing that also...i called up telus and they told me to delete the email account. ..and then use the outlook. Com...have to download out of play store. .works great now

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
Who is your email provider, and is it set up as POP or IMAP?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian
There should be a setting to delete on the server when you delete on your phone.

The behavior is different between POP and IMAP. You need to provide this information if you want a definite answer.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour
My wife's s4 was doing that also...i called up telus and they told me to delete the email account. ..and then use the outlook. Com...have to download out of play store. .works great now