cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card message Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Greg88
Just Moved In

Hi all!

I gave my old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to my mom but she can't use it. When she puts her SIM card in she sees the following message:

*Invalid SIM Card*

*SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK*

It's worth mentioning that she is not Canada, she lives in Russia.

I called a TELUS rep this morning and gave them the phone's IMEI and they said that it is unlocked now.

But the unlock code they gave me is not working. It just says that the entered code was unsuccessful. 

What should I do? We tried powering the phone off and removing the SIM card, and then after a few minutes turning it on again and putting the SIM back in but the error message is still there and her SIM card is not working.

Hope anyone can help with that!

Thanks,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Greg88 ,

Hopefully I can clear up some confusion. Although very similar, there is a difference between a phone being carrier unlock, and a SIM card with a PIN (or after failed PIN attempts; PUK). 

You are more than welcome to call TELUS again and request for the unlock code to try a second time, but I believe the issue is with the Russian SIM card. I would suggest contacting the Russian SIM card provider / carrier, and request that they provide the PUK code (different than a carrier unlock code) to unlock the SIM card. 

What does a carrier unlock message look like?

Click Here - If you see this message, you need to contact the carrier who provide the cellphone.

What does a SIM card lock PIN / PUK message look like?
Click Here & Click Here - If you see this message, you need to contact the carrier who provide the SIM card.

Hopefully this helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Greg88 ,

Hopefully I can clear up some confusion. Although very similar, there is a difference between a phone being carrier unlock, and a SIM card with a PIN (or after failed PIN attempts; PUK). 

You are more than welcome to call TELUS again and request for the unlock code to try a second time, but I believe the issue is with the Russian SIM card. I would suggest contacting the Russian SIM card provider / carrier, and request that they provide the PUK code (different than a carrier unlock code) to unlock the SIM card. 

What does a carrier unlock message look like?

Click Here - If you see this message, you need to contact the carrier who provide the cellphone.

What does a SIM card lock PIN / PUK message look like?
Click Here & Click Here - If you see this message, you need to contact the carrier who provide the SIM card.

Hopefully this helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].