cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Telus keep a list of devices i have used with my sim card?

mtlandroid
Just Moved In

I am a frequent changer of phones, i swap borrow, trade and buy and sell all the time.

A situation has come up that i need to know which phone i was using on a particular day,  Do you think if i call telus they will have it in their system which imei number was in use on a particular day

?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuperFred

Hi, it's the sim card that links your mobile device to the network so Telus doesn't need to keep track of your IMEI number. If you need to keep a record of this, you can simply enter the name/IMEI of your devices in a calendar, basic but effective way for you to keep track of your devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

You are likely out of luck. The only records they keep are for your SIM card. Once a new device is active, their system doesn't keep a record. May I ask why you would need that info? haha 

iPhone power user

SuperFred

Hi, it's the sim card that links your mobile device to the network so Telus doesn't need to keep track of your IMEI number. If you need to keep a record of this, you can simply enter the name/IMEI of your devices in a calendar, basic but effective way for you to keep track of your devices.