Deleted messages

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Chantelwynn
Just Moved In
How do I retrieve txt messages that were deleted on my rugby phone?
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Recovering deleted texts is difficult if not impossible in most cases. Which app are you using for texting / SMS?

That question is also just asking for a lot of spammers to reply with links to questionable software / malware / scams. Many appear to be legitmate but they aren't. Many have fake review, awards etc to have the appearance of a real company / software. One of the frequently spammed ones has the appearance of a MLM scheme also.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
wally_west
Ambassador

Hello, for security reasons, your mobile provider will not save your messages once the network confirms it was sent or received. The other reason would be a storage issue since so many text messages are sent every hours. The key is to do a back-up if possible, to prevent this situation.

SuperFred

Hi Chantelwynn, I hope the solution provided by Nighthawk will work for you, wally_west's point is also valid since it's true that TELUS  can't keep track of all the outgoing and incoming messages. Feel free to share the results with us!