cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you plug more than 1 handset in wireless home phone

BigBen121
Advocate

I was thinking of replacing my home phone with the wireless  home phone but currently have to handsets. One is in my basement office and one is upstairs - can I still connect both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

The wireless phone phone from my experience will support two wired phones at least.  If you connect the wireless home phone to your house wiring, be sure to disconnect your house wiring from the outside wire that comes to your home from the phone company, or it will cause problems eventually. A cordless phone with one base station and multiple handsets counts as one phone. If you go the cordless phone route, make sure to use a DECT 6.0 phone or it will probably interfere with your wifi.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

polecat
All-Star

@BigBen121  Cordless phones. I have a cordless phone setup  base station with message record plus 3 remote phones that all you need is  a power outlet for each. The base and remotes use a 2.4 ghz wifi to comunicate no copper wire needed. Having a base station to close to a modem router can cause interference .

Thanks - that is helpful - I did not want to have to replace my phones as both of them rely on a phone jack

@BigBen121  So you know power out these will not work because they all are plugged  in. Your old push button will work on copper or fiber if there is batt backup on the fiber. Polecat

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

The wireless phone phone from my experience will support two wired phones at least.  If you connect the wireless home phone to your house wiring, be sure to disconnect your house wiring from the outside wire that comes to your home from the phone company, or it will cause problems eventually. A cordless phone with one base station and multiple handsets counts as one phone. If you go the cordless phone route, make sure to use a DECT 6.0 phone or it will probably interfere with your wifi.  

Thanks this is really helpful!