cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to activate boosters, app stuck wont let me hit next.

colechapman205
Friendly Neighbour

okay so im brand new to telus, been with Shaw forever, i use those Shaw WiFi pods to bring Ethernet to my computer. whats nice is that they are almost literally plug and play. unlike these boosters with telus. the whole point is to have Ethernet in my room upstairs.

i have the WiFi 6 EWH1350TLU router and that's plugged into this massive box thing. i plugged both boosters into the router to update them. they both display WiFi signals. i can only connect to the one that's plugged into the router via Ethernet.

the tech said that the technology is backwards compatible so it should be fine. but the app is stuck. it gives me the green check mark, the light is solid blue but i cannot move forward with the app as the next button is greyed out, IMG_1567.PNGas you can see its just nothing, i don't know whats going on. i tried both of them same thing. i get a notification saying a booster has connected to my home network and then i look at that notification and it says this

IMG_1571.PNGwhich makes no sense to me at all. i need Ethernet in my room my PC doesn't have an available pcie slot for my old network card. i seen a similar thread where user: @NFtoBC  said go to the admin page and i was hoping he would be around to help me with this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hey bud! i got it working

so this is what i did.

- connect both pods via ethernet. let sit for 20 minutes.

- once both pods have sat for awhile turn off the one you want to move with the button on the back

- disconnect the ethernet cable and turn back on

- wait for it to turn blue. if red restart all modems and routers.

- boot up pod again wait for blue. if red again connect via ethernet and restart

- once its blue factory reset it.

- boot up with ethernet then wait for blue.

- disconnect ethernet and boot up again

this was the moment it turned blue for me. all on its own. brought it to my room and im currently getting 400 up and 400 down via ethernet from the pod

and no i dont have the starter pack and it still worked.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tjones23
Neighbour

have the same issue. Did you find a solution? Did Telus respond to you?

my tech told me to plug them both into the modem at the same time and wait 15 minutes. im starting to suspect that since he didn't give me one starter pack he gave me two expansion packs that its the root cause of the problem. because apparently the starter pack boosters are already linked to eachother so you don't need the app at all. but in this case i need the app to tell them to communicate with eachother but they refuse to. will keep everyone posted on my discoveries. might have to just switch back to shaw

I’ve recently found out from my own digging that the the boost 6 is wifi 6 and is not compatible with the wifi booster pods. You need another boost 6 to extend your wifi range. It’s a bit frustrating that this isn’t common knowledge with Telus employees and that they would sell me this product knowing what I already have. Very poor customer service.

its starting to look like this is the case but the tech said everything is backwards compatible. currently talking to telus directly to see if i can solve it.

hey bud! i got it working

so this is what i did.

- connect both pods via ethernet. let sit for 20 minutes.

- once both pods have sat for awhile turn off the one you want to move with the button on the back

- disconnect the ethernet cable and turn back on

- wait for it to turn blue. if red restart all modems and routers.

- boot up pod again wait for blue. if red again connect via ethernet and restart

- once its blue factory reset it.

- boot up with ethernet then wait for blue.

- disconnect ethernet and boot up again

this was the moment it turned blue for me. all on its own. brought it to my room and im currently getting 400 up and 400 down via ethernet from the pod

and no i dont have the starter pack and it still worked.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Boost ‘pods’ are indeed compatible with the Wi-Fi 6 cylinder.

F9F3809A-9023-4DBA-8BF0-700365EDC405.jpeg

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Great news, so it works as mesh network or different network?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It works as a mesh network. Same login for my remote Optik TV's ( on the Wi-Fi 6 device) as in my living room on the remote Booster.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"