cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration to google

MrRoy
Just Moved In

Telus migrated my account 5 days ago. i have always used outlook for e-mails. This stopped working, i contacted telus and was told to change e-mail settings. This i did and my e-mails started working again on PC, ipad and iphone. Then suddenly Friday they stopped working again. I can access through gmail on the web but not trough my email accont on desktop of any device. Looking for help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you getting any error message or indication as to what the problem might be?

This may also be of use:

Set up TELUS email on PC using Outlook 2016 | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you getting any error message or indication as to what the problem might be?

This may also be of use:

Set up TELUS email on PC using Outlook 2016 | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

GBJim
Just Moved In

This whole migration was a disaster. I had similar problems with Outlook on my PC.  I could neither send or receive mail, I lost all my contacts and all the passwords I had saved in Notes and ended up having to pay an IT tech to fix it.  Outlook is still not working properly: I can't delete emails and I only have one working folder titled "All Mail" into which both incoming and outgoing mail goes. All very confusing.

Now I have another problem: I've forgotten my Google Account password so now I can't access my telus.net email via my gmail account. Google's account recovery process is a nightmare and keeps asking me to contact my administrator. BUT I'm a private PC user and I don't have an administrator. Any ideas? 

The adminstrator in this case is TELUS. You need to contact customer service.

Did you not set up either a mobile number or alternate email address during the migration? I did this and account recovery would mean sending a link to either one of these.

https://www.telus.com/mytelus

Pick your home account if you are linked to more than one account.

Manage home internet

Click the email tab

You should have options to change password on the email account here.

If you cannot do this

Use the chat bot "chat bubble" in the bottom right corner on the telus my account page.

Ask it to change my password and follow along.

You can also talk to a live agent and they should have a tool to reset your google account for telus.net.