cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistent ping

ballpoint
Just Moved In
I play an online video game in which having low ping is very important. The game is played on servers in Kansas, where I can get 52 ping on a good day. My issue is during the last few months my ping keeps going up, sometimes as much as 30 ms higher. I play at a pro level and such an increase in ping has a drastic effect on my performance. I have fibre optic and I use ethernet for my computer. A year ago this wasn't happening, and the issue has followed me since I've moved from Saanich to Victoria proper. I have tried using nordvpn to change my routing, sometimes it decreases my ping and sometimes it does nothing.
1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@ballpoint Wrote: I play an online video game in which having low ping is very important. 

This is not an uncommon problem. One tip that may help is changing you DNS to a server that may have a little faster routing to the game server your trying to reach. For example, if your currently utilizing the Telus DNS servers, perhaps change to Google's public DNS servers, or even something CloudFlare's servers... Cheers

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.