cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imac desktop known issues

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

i have  an iMac desktop, and have a fiber TELUS WIFI hub, when i connect my iMac on hotspot from my mobile phone it does let me browse, but when i hardwired my desktop directly to my hub, it say's I'm connected but i cant browse to anything, did try logging in to admin page make changes, but i don't think that will help me at all, since I'm connected but cant browse, did tried to change the cable same thing happened,

7 REPLIES 7

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Wireless is working btw,

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly an issue with your desktop not releasing it's IP address. Might be worth a try to do a refresh:

Renew your IP address from the DHCP server on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

did that, i am still getting the same problem, maybe its the network card from my Imac not compatible with my subscribed speed? 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

The network card should work regardless of your subscribed speed. Has it worked with a wired connection in the past?

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

YES it does..

berbma2
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

im still getting this problem, im forced to use wireless. i really much preferred  wired connection, i did try to replace the cable, same thing' 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

What box are you plugging the cable into. Do you know the model or can you supply a description? Possibly you are using the wrong port?