they both look exactly same outside but admin page is different

which one is newer and better?

NH20A   v1.00.15 build05

vs

FXA5000  v20.3.h

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jobrien
Advocate

I'd go with the FXA5000 as the more stable unit. Telus on behalf of Technicolor updates firmware a lot quicker than they do for Arcadyan routers. In fact, the last NH20A router I had installed, would not leave bridge mode even after a factory reset. Arcadyan products are always buggy. Never once had an issue with Technicolor as you get exactly what it says on the box, without, fail. Both units do not provide a decent working manual, but your chances for finding one for the Technicolor FXA5000 are significantly higher than for the Arcadyan NH20A. I'd go as far as to say, the only way you'd even get a firmware update for the NH20A, is by getting an updated unit complementary to  a new fibre install. I can't confirm whether Arcadyan is a flanker brand for Technicolor or not, but nothing they make works. Technicolor firmware updates only have one down side, which is that periodically, Telus has a habit of making them dumber over time. But the hardware is far superior in any technicolor product simply because they are looked after. In terms of software, whatever Telus technically lets you change, is there to use at will. The user interface loves to hide Easter eggs on you under advanced settings, which don't always remain in place as firmware updates happen. Having said that, this has been my experience with both hybrids as three in one modem router ONT devices. I myself have Fibre 2.5 gig and have tested the 2.5 gig and 10GBPS port on both of these models, and the technicolor always gives me upwards of 2.5 GBPS speeds on any port, yes including Coax. The Arcadyan would struggle with any data loads above 800MBPS hard wired. Having all the firmware run through one company, for boosters and modem together is a real smooth experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DrPacman
Rockstar

@telus1203 Wrote: they both look exactly same outside but admin page is different.

You found the only differences between the 2, firmware. Both work just as well as the other.

Inside the NH20A you will see that one of the structural plates that hold it together is stamped metal, and in the technicolor the same plate is of a plastic compound. That it...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

who do you know which one is newer or better though?

@telus1203 Wrote: 

who do you know which one is newer or better though?

They are the same... I have had both.... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

jobrien
Advocate

I'd go with the FXA5000 as the more stable unit. Telus on behalf of Technicolor updates firmware a lot quicker than they do for Arcadyan routers. In fact, the last NH20A router I had installed, would not leave bridge mode even after a factory reset. Arcadyan products are always buggy. Never once had an issue with Technicolor as you get exactly what it says on the box, without, fail. Both units do not provide a decent working manual, but your chances for finding one for the Technicolor FXA5000 are significantly higher than for the Arcadyan NH20A. I'd go as far as to say, the only way you'd even get a firmware update for the NH20A, is by getting an updated unit complementary to  a new fibre install. I can't confirm whether Arcadyan is a flanker brand for Technicolor or not, but nothing they make works. Technicolor firmware updates only have one down side, which is that periodically, Telus has a habit of making them dumber over time. But the hardware is far superior in any technicolor product simply because they are looked after. In terms of software, whatever Telus technically lets you change, is there to use at will. The user interface loves to hide Easter eggs on you under advanced settings, which don't always remain in place as firmware updates happen. Having said that, this has been my experience with both hybrids as three in one modem router ONT devices. I myself have Fibre 2.5 gig and have tested the 2.5 gig and 10GBPS port on both of these models, and the technicolor always gives me upwards of 2.5 GBPS speeds on any port, yes including Coax. The Arcadyan would struggle with any data loads above 800MBPS hard wired. Having all the firmware run through one company, for boosters and modem together is a real smooth experience.