cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a reasonable number of calls to get from Telus a day?

wenat
Just Moved In

I normally get 3-5 calls from Telus a week.

I want to tell you about the last two Telus phone calls I had TODAY, in hopes that this gets to someone who cares.

11 am

Jason Bautista, Telus Marketing Department

1-866-379-1905

No email address to give me

Promised to put me on the internal do not call list

1 pm Jennifer Jakson / did not know what department she works for

Transferred me to her supervisor Harrieson, Telus Loyalty Department

His English was not very good. When I asked for a phone number, he gave me 508-2977 "loyalty appointment number" And then the kicker, he said, "You are such a lovely girl" to me.

So I asked for his supervisor, and got transferred to:

Janice Harrison in Alberta 1-888-811-2323

She called me "a lovely lady" and then promised to put me on the internal do not call list. 

I need you to know that your sales and "loyalty" phone staff are desperately in need of additional training for how to speak to customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you sure that was actually Telus calling you? Telus never calls people like that, especially never that frequently and never someone from the marketing department. It sounds more like scammers pretending to be Telus rather than Telus employees. I've never heard of a "loyalty appointment number" either. You should have been transferred to someone instead if they were legit.

If they were a real Telus employee, they should know that it's the Privacy Request Centre that lets you take your name off the real Telus contact lists. You can call them directly at 1-800-567-0000. (https://www.telus.com/en/about/privacy/faqs)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you sure that was actually Telus calling you? Telus never calls people like that, especially never that frequently and never someone from the marketing department. It sounds more like scammers pretending to be Telus rather than Telus employees. I've never heard of a "loyalty appointment number" either. You should have been transferred to someone instead if they were legit.

If they were a real Telus employee, they should know that it's the Privacy Request Centre that lets you take your name off the real Telus contact lists. You can call them directly at 1-800-567-0000. (https://www.telus.com/en/about/privacy/faqs)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

wenat
Just Moved In

Thank you for that tip!