cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Internet Plan

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

Hi all,

I finally got around to upgrading my plan, I was only on Internet15 and now have upgraded to Internet75 (unfortunately this is the fastest plan I can get in my current building). 

I'm just wondering how long it takes to upgrade the plan so that I see increased speeds? I made the change this morning around 9am and thought I would see a change by now. Does it take days/weeks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have Internet75 and had to have a technician in to upgrade as it required dual copper lines for the upgrade. I don't believe your existing modem has support for dual copper so they will likely need to give you a T3200M.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AbBowhunter
Advocate
Did you have some come to your home and do the speed change? Are you testing using wifi or hardwired directly to the modem?

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

I didn't have anyone come to my house, I just upgraded the plan online. I'm doing the speed test through wifi, consistently getting around 15Mbps which is what I was getting before.

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

Some more info: I have an Actiontec V1000H router. While this unit is getting older, it should have more than enough capability to run 75Mbps. I have run speed tests from multiple devices and they are consistently around 15Mbps, which is the same as what I was getting before upgrading my plan. The upload speeds are also the same.

It just seems like there has been no change to my plan even though I upgraded over 24 hours ago.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have Internet75 and had to have a technician in to upgrade as it required dual copper lines for the upgrade. I don't believe your existing modem has support for dual copper so they will likely need to give you a T3200M.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

nieder
Friendly Neighbour

@FuzzyLogic Thank you for this. I think that this is my problem. Telus does not tell you this anywhere on the website or in the options to upgrade the plan. But I called them and they confirmed that only some connections can upgrade to Internet 75 without having to get a technician out to put in a bonded line and/or replace the router. So I guess I will have to get a technician in. Thanks again!

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Provisioning can sometimes take a little time. Try in a few hours, if not power cycle the modem and then try again using a hard wired connection to test the speeds. Also verify in your MyTelus portal your billing plan indeed has been switched to internet 75.