cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus T3200M modem and Telus wifi hub.. but the hub is not working

niklaus
Just Moved In

I have a Telus modem T3200M and a Telus wifi hub.

The SETUP:

Inside the panel where the Nokia ONT is, there is an ethernet cable coming from the ONT going to the WAN port of the modem. From the modem, there are 2 Ethernet cable connected to LAN3 & 4 going to 2 ports for the house which is activating the living room and office room wall jacks.

I tried connecting the Telus WIFI HUB to the living room wall jack via ethernet cable to get WIFI from the HUB but its not giving me any internet connection. So I plugged the ethernet cable to my laptop and I'm getting connection no problem. 

I wanted to use the HUB as my main router and was planning on disabling the wifi on the modem but I couldn't get the HUB to work...

Is it possible to make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you want a Wi-Fi signal in a different part of the house, you could consider the Boost Wi-Fi devices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

xray
Hero

If you want to use the Hub as your router just swap it with the T3200.

If you need WiFi access point to be somewhere else other than next to the ONT then just comnect from the ONT to the port to the house and put the Hub at the other end in the house.

Make sure you are using the WAN port on the Hub to connect to the ONT.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you want a Wi-Fi signal in a different part of the house, you could consider the Boost Wi-Fi devices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"