cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Pure Fiber in Bridge mode with modem NH20A

BradM
Just Moved In

Hello

I have a new setup and need to get the NH20A modem to bridge mode. I have talke to Telus and the steps they told me make no sence normaly there is a setting you can change the modem to bridge mode but I do not see it. The steps from Telus was plug in a switch to the spf port and bypass the modem and put the WAN on Vlan 1500 on the router. I work in IT so I do understand but .... any help would be good

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@BradM Good day BradM,

I’m not sure why someone at Telus would tell you to configure NH20A in the method that they have.

First thing I would do is factory reset the NAH.

Make sure after you plug either a computer or laptop into any of the lan ports, you receive a 192.168 1.X IP address.

Navigate to the user interface which is located at 192.168.1.254. The username is admin, and the password is located under the top cover of the NAH. Please note password his indeed case-sensitive.

Making sure you have turned on the admin interface. Navigate to the network setting on the left-hand side, then to the LAN tab on the top, you should see the ability to enable bridge mode. You may have set the configuration, and then save the settings prior to being able to go back into those settings for a more granular configuration.

This configuration is specifically for the in NH20A, and not the Technicolor FX5000. Technicolor has slightly different menus, however close enough that you should be able to find the bridge setting within that interface as well.

The only thing I would note is if indeed you need to make corrections to bridge mode you will be required to factory reset the device, to enable logging into the admin panel.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Network - Lan - Bridge.jpg

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@BradM Good day BradM,

I’m not sure why someone at Telus would tell you to configure NH20A in the method that they have.

First thing I would do is factory reset the NAH.

Make sure after you plug either a computer or laptop into any of the lan ports, you receive a 192.168 1.X IP address.

Navigate to the user interface which is located at 192.168.1.254. The username is admin, and the password is located under the top cover of the NAH. Please note password his indeed case-sensitive.

Making sure you have turned on the admin interface. Navigate to the network setting on the left-hand side, then to the LAN tab on the top, you should see the ability to enable bridge mode. You may have set the configuration, and then save the settings prior to being able to go back into those settings for a more granular configuration.

This configuration is specifically for the in NH20A, and not the Technicolor FX5000. Technicolor has slightly different menus, however close enough that you should be able to find the bridge setting within that interface as well.

The only thing I would note is if indeed you need to make corrections to bridge mode you will be required to factory reset the device, to enable logging into the admin panel.

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Network - Lan - Bridge.jpg

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

BradM
Just Moved In

Hey Dr

so yes tried your steps didnt work at first had to do a factory reset then did the steps and it worked. Bunt when i put in the static ip they gave me it it dod not work but on DHCP it worked. will email them to get it resolved thanks for the help

Brad

tasmotaAI
Just Moved In

Just got upgraded to 3g from 1g,

Fiber into Nokia xs-250x-a, WAN  to 10G of NH20T, LAN1 in bridge mode to my pfsense router, Lan2, 3, 4 to Optik Tvs.
My first question is....how am I suppose to use my 2.5g equipment if Lan one is only 1G?, my second question is "Why? he couldnt just use the NH20T and give me the 10g port in bridge?

The only reason i have upgraded to 3g is to get more speed!

also my bad since I have assumed the LAN1 bridged was also a 10g port and I didnt question the installer!

the installer instead of installing the the fiber straight into the NH20T and give me the 10g port in bridge, he installed the nokia xs-250x-a, then connected its WAN port to the 10g port in the NH20T then he gave me lan1 in bridge and put the optik tv in lan 2,3,4.

Issue is.....lan1 is 1g.... how am I suppose to use my 2.5g equipment?, I can go straight to the