Telus Mail to Gmail

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

We've always used IMAP and POP and have never used webmail, does this changeover affect us? 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Except for the difficulty one user has reported with Outlook, you should be able to set it up to use you choice of mail application on computers and phones.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

So basically, I don't need to change anything? We use Pegasus and Mailwasher. I'd rather not use any webmail application for our 'real' email. 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll need to do some set up steps

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the link, but I don't want to use the webmail, I want to continue using IMAP and POP if possible.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can continue to use IMAP but you will need to update the server settings in your mail program to do so. The old telus.net settings will no longer work. @NFtoBC provided links to the setup information a few posts previous.

Google/Gmail usually has POP disabled by default but it can be turned on in the Gmail settings. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

I am having trouble migrating over to Gmail. When I get to the log in page, I use my Telus username as the extension @telus.net is already there. The password for my Telus account is not recognized so after a few attempts, I rest my Telus webmail password.

I return to the Gmail login page and my new password is not recognized. When I click 'Forgot my password,' I get a message to contact my administrator.

Telus chat is not very helpful - mostly just general information on the webmail to Gmail migration.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Organizer

I'm having the same issue. My password is not recognized when I try to log in with Gmail. I also can't get any email through my email client (Thunderbird) because it tells me the password doesn't work. 

Also - get this - I can't reset my password because the code goes to my telus. net email. WHICH I CAN'T ACCESS. Who thought this up? The phone number they helpfully suggest I send a code to is a landline that I haven't had for 25 years. 🙄 I can't see anywhere to change any of this in My Telus. SO STUPID. ☹️

Highlighted
Resident

I'm disappointed there does not seem to be adequate support to help Outlook 365 users manage their Gmail that has migrated from TELUS.net.   I can't believe I am unique in my desire to continue using Outlook, and find it amazing the TELUS.net->Gmail migration team did not think this was worth addressing.   Can someone direct me to a place where I can use Outlook to manage my TELUS.net Gmail?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Ok, thanks, it looks like I'll have to load the 'google' version as an IMAP 'mailbox' in my client, then save any mail off line. Clumsy.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

I was able to setup POP3 successfully, but somehow I'm unable to post the steps.