cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Servers too far from location

DennyH19
Helpful Neighbour

Hello everyone, I had Telus internet for 3 years and the IP addresses they provide to me is so slow it reminds me of dial up internet. The Telus DSL Servers are so unreliable and it doesn’t work as fast as any other providers. 

What can I do to get a new IP address that is reliable? I am using T3200M

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

IP address plays no part. If you have slow internet there is likely an issue with the service to your home or hardware.

They replaced my modem 8 times and sent multiple technicians saying there is nothing wrong with the box outside my house, cables, wiring, everything. And we still don’t get the speeds we pay for. Telus is absolutely garbage 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are your speed issues on wired or wireless connections? If you have the Telus Wi-Fi app it will show the speed you are getting to the T3200M which should be close to what your plan is.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

OP started two separate topics. The other one has more details: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/TELUS-DSL-Problems/td-p/125486

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂