cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200m MOCA Adapter setup

anoatfarm
Just Moved In

Hello, been pulling my hair out connecting two additional MOCA adapter to my setup. Telus installed the actiontec ecb6250 when I signed up but I bought two addtional ECB7250's to add to my network. The ECB 6250 connects on the coax ports without any issue but when I put the 7250 in there is no connection.

The coax light blinks instead of a solid green and the right ethernet led does not light up. The T3200m however does shows 3 MOCA adapters conencted under the MOCA Link Status page with different MAC addresses. Considering the ecb6250 works without any issues I figure I might be missing a step in the router settings to set them up?  The MOCA status shows connected and I have the Network password disabled. Any advice greatly apperciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@anoatfarm Wrote: The coax light blinks instead of a solid green and the right ethernet led does not light up. 

Just spitballing a thought here...

Any splitters that have high frequency cutoff of 1000MHz. are not MoCA 2.0 compatible. You should replace those with MoCA 2.0/2.5 compatible splitters, which have a high frequency cutoff of at least 1675MHz.

I've mixed and matched MoCA adapters over the years, and no compatibility problems (Motorola MM1000 MoCA 2.0 and goCoax MoCA 2.5). Don't have much experience with the Actiontec's, though.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

xray
Hero

@anoatfarm wrote:

The ECB 6250 connects on the coax ports without any issue but when I put the 7250 in there is no connection.

Did you swap the 7250 onto the same coax connection as the 6250 or are you connecting on a different coax run? If the latter then try swapping the 7250 and the 6250 locations to see if the issue follows the adapter or stays on at the location. Could be a bad coax run.