cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3200M WIFI working fine. Ethernet has no internet

Riversight
Neighbour

So WIFI is working with no problems. But when I connect an Ethernet cable the internet is not working. On my MacBook, it shows up as connected. The router IP is there. It has an IPv6 address but there is no internet.

I tried everything I could think of. Resetting the rooter. Turning off the firewalls. But nothing is helping.

The weird thing is that it connected for like 2 minutes in the very beginning and then never again, even with all the resets.

Firmware is 31.164L.22 but no idea how to update it. Did follow reset guides with 2 times rebooting unplugging etc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay, I found the culprit: It was Kaspersky's "Network Attack Blocker". Once I deactivated it the internet worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

walking_eagle
Just Moved In

Probably a dumb suggestion, but if you have wifi and ethernet both enabled on the macbook you could end up with a local IP address conflict.  Have you disabled wifi on the macbook before plugging in ethernet?

If both WiFi and Ethernet adapters are using DHCP then there is zero chance of a having IP address conflict.

xray
Hero

Have you verified the Ethernet cable you are using is good? Do you have other devices you can test with?

That's so weird. It looks exactly the same on another MacBook (Lan is connected gets IP) and it's working perfectly there. But not with mine.

Okay, I found the culprit: It was Kaspersky's "Network Attack Blocker". Once I deactivated it the internet worked.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Well, that WOULD prevent Network Attacks!😂

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"