cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how much credit did you actually get after last month's email crash?

Fisherguy
Ambassador

I got a text message saying I'd get a month's free internet during the email outage last month.  I'm paying $75 per month for our "Internet 15" which, until recently is all that was offered at our rural location (50 meg coming in a week), so I was expecting a credit of $75, silly me...

So I was surprised when my bill came and I see a "student internet discount" for a total of $45, WTF is that¿?  
What were you promised and what did you actually end up getting?

11 REPLIES 11

Spinner
Helpful Neighbour

Telus offered:

- 1 month free Internet

- $100 credit

- $25/day credit for 5 days ($125)

- 12 months of free Internet

I called in a few weeks ago to ask for:

- Free no unlimited Internet ($15/month); was offered it for 6 months

- Various free credits for TV and Home Phone; was offered $5 here and there for 6 months

Right now, my bill is -$280 something, so the credits have clearly kicked in.

Lucky...   They gave me 1 month internet. Still out. Guess it's time to call L&R..

I'll call and speak to L&R,  see what they say.
Can't believe some people still have not had their email restored...

Byte-Wyse
Friendly Neighbour

Everybody else seems to have received a lot more than me. I received an email offering me $10 credit and also $10 paid to a charity. I received the credit on my last bill. I'm on Internet only (Fibre with 25/25), but for what I normally pay, the $10 represents about ½ a month of service.

I was promised 1 month of free Internet but when I got my bill there was only a $10 credit. So I called (again, for the 4th time in 4 months for one billing screw-up or another) and they tried to tell me that the free month was a mistake.

So I lit into the poor agent (with apologies to explain that my anger was directed corporately) and was finally given my free month plus a free month of home phone.

So the lesson learned is do not trust your Telus bill in the slightest. They will screw you over in ways you cannot even imagine.

Your Fibre with 25/25 is $20/m   ?!     how?!?

Byte-Wyse
Friendly Neighbour

It's actually $23 per month + taxes. I'm currently getting the benefit of 3 different discounts. Two were negotiated and one was offered to everybody in our strata building. Unfortunately, the biggest one (which ran for a year, the one offered to everybody in the building) runs out next month in November.

I have discounts too, but that is a lot.

I don't know why they try to sell something for $80/m  (so they say it's worth that much) then they sell it for $25.

It's taking advantage of people who are not in the "knowhow".

Like seniors.

Why is this acceptable business policy, I don't know.

thanks for the reply.

Byte-Wyse
Friendly Neighbour

@Just_LH wrote:

Like seniors.

Hey! I resemble that remark -- I'm 65 years old 🙂

Some 65y olds are in the knowhow! 

@Just_LH wrote:

I have discounts too, but that is a lot.

I don't know why they try to sell something for $80/m  (so they say it's worth that much) then they sell it for $25.

Like seniors.

Why is this acceptable business policy, I don't know.

thanks for the reply.

It's common for Telus, Shaw etc to give developers great deals when they build apartments, condos etc and they give the strata cheap prices for their services for a certain length of time.  Then that company is the only provider on that site. 
After the initial period people's bills will be the same as everyone else's.